Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year, Everyone!



Isn't this artist amazing? He makes beautiful art from dirty windshields. I don't know if you're like me, but I'm glad God chooses to create beauty from messes I make!

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday season as much as I did! I especially enjoyed the recent "springtime in January". One day we were building a snowman in our backyard and the next day I was watching Lauren ride her bike down our street in capris! Lisa pointed out on her blog, "If Global Warming's goal is to make Indiana feel more like Florida, I'm all for it!" (Sorry Al Gore).

If 2008 is anything like 2007 for the drama team, we're in for awesome things! Trace Rorie shared recently at a staff meeting that when he attended the Christmas Eve service, he overhead a little girl say something that he needed to hear. Mark Beeson had just said something about the world being "upside down" and the little girl turned to her parents and said "well, we better turn it rightside up so people don't fall off!" We as a team get to play a part in that! What a privilege!

Any Christmas memories to share or new year's resolutions? Last year, Dan resolved to run 1000 miles in a year and achieved his goal. I'm amazed and inspired by his discipline! I'm starting small, just say no to oreos . . . . : ) Hey, I'm just trying to point my piehole in the right direction and do the next right thing . . .

We're scheduled to meet again on Monday Jan. 28th starting at 7pm. We'll be launching a new assignment and chapter 4 at the meeting. See you all then! 2008 is going to be an awesome year of serving as artists and taking steps together toward Christ. See you the 28th.

No comments: