Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Prayer Request from Sherry

Hello Drama Team pals,

My mom had surgery today to have a lung nodule removed (we thought a simple procedure) which turned out to be lung cancer that required partial removal of her lung. (Very healthy, non smoking woman!). We won't know until that pathology report comes back if any lymph nodes are affected and further treatment such as chemo would be required. My Dad is already undergoing chemo for prostate cancer and bone cancer so I think that if the path report is positive my mom will not be receptive to any treatment. Needless to say, I am very stressed and in need of prayer.
Thank you so much.
Sherry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherry,

I just read your post regarding your mom and dad. I am so sorry to hear about their health concerns. I will definitley pray for both of them as well as you and your family. Our God is the God of healing as well as salvation and I know he hears your prayers!

Take care and let us know what happens.

John

Anonymous said...

Sherry, I saw after I posted the last comment that you couldn't tell who it was from. Sorry, it's me - John McClain

Anonymous said...

Sherry, I have read a terrific, stimulating and challenging book on prayer and healing called "A Better Way to Pray" by Andrew Wommack. I've read it twice now and it has opened my eyes to new ways of thinking about prayer, how God wants us to pray and healing in general. I would encourage you and your parents to read it. It may be just the thing for you and your folks.

John M.