Monday, March 31, 2008

Double Bravo!



I had the privilege to see Diana and Anita's shows this weekend. They both did incredible jobs. Lisa Deselm and I got to see Diana as a delightful maiden in The Pirates of Penzance at Bethel (one of my favorite shows!)and I can imagine her cheeks and calves are recovering from all the girly smiling and tiptoeing dance moves she had to do! Since she was one of only two people I knew in the show I often watched her during scenes when she wasn't the center of attention, and her reactions and characterization choices were amazing! Way to go, Diana!



Dalene and I took a road trip to Nappannee to witness Anita's riveting performance as Bella in "Lost in Yonkers" by Neil Simon and reminded me why I love his plays so much. The perfect combination of comedy and drama. Anita's character had a wide range of emotions and changes to experience throughout the show , but she remained incredibly consistent and believable.

SAD NEWS: Unfortunately, Anita shared with us after the show that she'll be moving to Canada at the beginning of May to do some theatre work there. We will miss her so much, but I feel incredibly privileged to have had her on the team for the time we did. Thanks, Anita for all you contributed to the meetings and especially that unforgettable valley girl that still has people talking! We will miss you! You rock!

3 comments:

Sherry Ingle said...

Really wanted to catch these performances...but alas, one of those weekends!! Anita, I wish you all the best!!

Anonymous said...

Canada, eh? Watch out for Mounties and polar bears. Have fun! Phil

Anonymous said...

oh ya, and flying pucks