Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Message From Deanna

Friends, Family and Loved Ones:

Well, I did it and I'm here in Gurnee. A bit hectic, but we made it through alive and well. I'm renting until I can sell my house in Granger and then I'll buy a home up here. This rental is much more house than I needed, or wanted (4 bedrooms and about 2400 sq ft) but the price was right. I even have some famous neighbors. Tommy Harris from the Chicago Bears lives directly behind me. The move went very smooth since they loaded and unloaded my stuff all in the same day. Thanks to my mom, we were completely unpacked in one day. We celebrated with a trip to the Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall. But then again, what's a celebration without a little crisis? When we returned from shopping, we discovered we were locked out of the house. Apparently the back door and front door have different locks; and the landlord only gave me one key-which was to the front door-and the front screen door was locked. On the bright side, it's a great way to meet your neighbors. Mike (the neighbor) was able to pop the lock on the screen door in 1.5 seconds. (Hmmm, he certainly made that look easy).

I just completed my first week at the new job and things are going well; considering. I was hired to replace someone that's now working part-time due to serious health issues and she is struggling a bit with wanting to work but not physically being able to. It's a tough situation for everyone, but we'll get through it. I still feel this is a wonderful opportunity for the long term. Since Scot Forge is 100% employee owned, the long term gains are unbeatable. No other company has even come close to their bonus plan and stock options. They are in a league all their own, yet it still has a "small company" atmosphere. The work itself isn't very challenging and doesn't really offer anything new or exciting but I can live with it for awhile.

Nick loves his new school. He walks across the street to a Teen Center after school and REALLY likes that. It's geared toward middle school age kids-complete with a skate park, volleyball and basketball courts, video games systems, computers, homework assistants, and even a snack bar and it's open until 7:00pm. The best part is that it only costs me $25/school year. I know, I couldn't believe it either. That's what those high property taxes will buy you up here. Lots of community resources. There's a brand new aquatic center (mini water park) behind my subdivision and within walking distance that he can go to in the summer.

Anyways, here's my contact information. If you're ever up this way, just give me a call. I'd love to get together with you. Keep in touch and take care.

6671 Foxworth Ln
Gurnee, IL 60031
Home) 847 855-6099
Work) 815-675-4297 direct line
dglynn@scotforge.com

2 comments:

Panda said...

www.huracandepalabras.blogspot.com

Jon said...

God bless on your great big adventure. I hope you find somewhere to use your acting talents.