Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sad News from Heather and John Novak

Please keep Heather and John in your prayers. Here's an e-mail I received from Heather.

"I am just forwarding John's email to his colleagues & friends...he covered everything well. May I add that we are grateful for such great friends & family...and God's love throughout this time. I am ridiculously blessed with this amazing husband....everything is better with him.Hello Everyone,
I never did make a formal announcement of Heather and I expecting, although I did post some things on Facebook to indicate the pregnancy. Unfortunately, Heather and I had some very sad news when we went in for the second prenatal last week. We didn’t hear a heartbeat, and it was confirmed by a couple of ultrasounds. The pregnancy measured only 7 weeks along, but Heather’s body continued to grow to 11 weeks. The doctor preformed a procedure yesterday to make certain she was OK after the miscarriage passed.

I’ll spare you further details, but needless to say we are quite sad about it. We’ve had a number of days to mourn the loss, so we are doing pretty good now considering. Heather is staying home one more day, and she’ll try resuming work tomorrow. I’d been with her almost constantly over the past 5 days. We’ve found some peace, and we are talking about trying again. In another week, we will have been married a year, and we have so much to be thankful for.

Please know we feel very blessed to have such good friends and family to share both happiness and sadness with, and our refrigerator has been holding the manifestation of that love over the last several days along with several flower vases. We appreciate any thoughts and/or prayers. If you feel you want to do something more, I’d encourage you to look into the March of Dimes (
http://www.marchofdimes.com/). Thanks.

John"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,

So sorry to hear about the miscarriage.

Stefanie Jones said...

Hey Girlfriend, I am surfing the net and you have been on my heart I couldn't remember your married name. I find Peter and his amazing website and find him working in doylestown. I email him but still not satisfied. My heart just pulls me to find you. I try Heather and john,google, and I see this little blog. As I read the blog my heart sinks. I did hear about you having a miscarrage I have bumped into pam nicholas at the shoprite in west chester and of course I am always tring to find out how you are. She talked to me but I felt God's been putting you on my mind for some time. I hope you get this email I feel your pain and would love to reconnect. You were and deeply are my sister in christ. I love you and am praying for you and John. ~Stefanie "Payton" Jones sdjones00@comcast.net/sjones@wfbonline.com

Anonymous said...

You write very well.